In The Community
Founded on reaching out to others in love, we understand how crucial it is to reach those in our community who do not know Jesus and who need our love and support. At Life Changing Ministries (LCM), active local outreach ministry is at the core of our vision to reach the lost and grow the foundation of the saved. We partner with local non-profits, churches, and ministries in order to make an effective difference in our community by active involvement in jail and prison ministry, working with the homeless in the streets and shelters, transitional housing, and social disparities
We not only strive to share God’s Word and generosity in our local community, but to communities around the world with our international ministries that include nine Kenya Life Changing Ministries International (LCMI) churches, an LCMI church in Myanmar, The Widows Home in Bumala, and Upendo Children’s Home (our licensed orphanage) in Bumala.
Our Outreach Activities:
- Lead worship services with the homeless at Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries throughout the year where we meet and greet, worship in song and prayer and give opportunity for personalized prayer.
- Volunteer ministry in the local jail and prison ministries providing hour-long services for men and for women inmates on the 1st Sunday of every month. This is not available due to CoVid.
- Volunteer weekly Bible study at KPEP Kalamazoo Probation Enhancement Program.
- The Puppet Ministry Team develops and performs skits, plays, and shows about the gospel for children and adults in parks, nursing homes, mission, wherever. This ministry provides opportunity for our youth members to get involved in outreach. It requires lots of creativity, commitment, and practice!
- Contribute to the community by supporting the Tree of Life School and taking up collections for Men’s Christian transitional housing in Kalamazoo.
- Yard Sales; Our church members donate items in good condition and sell them at our parking lot throughout the spring/summer to raise funds for our licensed orphanage and home for widows in Bumala, Kenya.
Helping others is a good way to serve Jesus and stay connected to the church. If you're looking for ways you can make a difference in the community or around the world, we have many opportunities available for you to support and serve. Please contact Pastors Tom and Pam for more information.
-Support the Widow's Home and Upendo Children’s Home by sponsorship of individual widows and orphans.
-Join our Outreach Team
-There are many service positions currently available such as janitorial, prayer team, sound/stage operation, the Puppet Ministries, Bible teaching, office, social media and website development, and many more.
-Church Work Day is conducted by church members at 9 AM on the 1st Sunday of every month. A little time and effort go a long way in keeping the church up and running.
Use this space to tell readers what they should do next. Invite readers to leave a comment, or add a button with your main call-to-action, e.g., Buy Now or Subscribe.